Funding through Canada Summer Jobs 2023
Contract Period: Start Date June 26 2023 / End Date August 25 2023
Hours + Wage: $15/hour for 9 weeks @ 30 hours/week
Deadline to Apply: Monday May 22 2023
The Summer Program + Events Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination and support of various United Way programs and events. With a focus on program administration and management, along with volunteer coordination, these programs include, but are not limited to:
- Bikes for Kids: providing gently used and refurbished bicycles for children up to 18 years of age
- Back to School: providing new back packs and a starter kit of school supplies to registered children
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Program Facilitation Program promotion through established sources and identifying new opportunities, ensuring that all required resources are in place (including financial donations, volunteers, venue, etc.); identifying, coordinating and supporting suitable volunteers to ensure efficient program delivery; general program delivery and facilitation.
Assistance with Other United Way Initiatives Provide assistance and support to staff and volunteers with other United Way special events. This may include volunteer and sponsorship recruitment, inventory management, event planning and on-site event participation, developing marketing plans that include both traditional and social media marketing initiatives.
Research, Writing and Editing Writing and editing communication materials such as press releases, sponsorship and thank you letters, updating process manuals, and general research on specific related topics for future use.
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the beginning of the contract
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigrant and Refugee Protection Act for the contract term
- Have a valid social insurance number and be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to physically move various objects (i.e. bikes, school supplies) under fifty pounds
- Strong time management and organizational skills, as well as demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Familiar with Microsoft Office software including Word and Excel, and various social media platforms
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with a high degree of initiative
- Basic bike repair skills, or ability and willingness to learn would be an asset
HOW TO APPLY:
Email your résumé and cover letter to: email@example.com with Summer Coordinator in the subject line.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Monday May 22 2023