Create opportunities for a better life for everyone in our communities.
To improve lives and build community by engaging individuals and mobilizing collective action.
- Demonstrate trust, integrity, transparency, inclusivity, and respect.
- Energize and inspire volunteerism and volunteer leadership.
- Endorses innovation, partnerships, collective action.
- Provide non-partisan leadership.
- Embrace diversity.
The United Way of Colchester County has identified three key areas of need in our region. All in-house programming and funding opportunities support growth and improvement in these areas.
Our Three Focus Areas:
From poverty to possibility
- Moving people out of poverty
- Meeting basic human needs (ex: food, shelter, jobs)
Healthy people, strong communities
- Improving access to social and health-related support services
- Supporting resident and community engagement
- Supporting community integration and settlement
All that kids can be
- Improving access to early childhood learning and development programs
- Helping kids do well at school and complete high school
- Making the healthy transition into adulthood and post-secondary education