The intention of a Community Impact Grant is to provide one-time support for the purchase of tangible assets* that will help registered charitable and non-profit organizations facilitate ongoing operations or enhance their ability to provide relevant programs and services.
- *Tangible assets will continuously provide an impact and fulfill the need outlined in each organization’s application; consider items you can see and touch as part of program delivery.
- Award Limit: Total funds distributed through this program are fully dependent upon funds received and the number of eligible applicants.
- Application Deadline for Fall, 2022 was Monday, November 21.
- Here is a BUDGET TEMPLATE to work from.
Examples of eligible expenses:
- Computers or related equipment accessories
- Equipment necessary for the preparation and/or storage of program-related items (e.g. freezer)
- Equipment or supplies for the delivery of programs
- Program administrative supplies
- Capital assets
Examples of non-eligible expenses:
- Staff salaries or ongoing operational expenses
- Facility rentals or marketing materials
- Craft supplies or food
- Deficit funding
- Event sponsorship and fundraising events
- Projects that duplicate services
- Flow through funding (a project that intends to fund a third party)
Examples of Community Impact Grant Recipients:
- MADD Cobequid – Fatal Vision supplies
- Slate Youth Centre – furniture; button maker
- Victoria Order of Nurses – Portable keyboard